"Erik E. Fair" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 13 Jul 88 15:20:27 PDT
I'm the netnews administrator of ucbvax, the main netnews system at
the University of California at Berkeley. We also operate the largest
mailing list to netnews newsgroup gateway here, primarily for ARPA
Internet mailing lists.

If I can get a reasonable guarantee that there will be no LISTSERV
brain-damage (explanation provided upon request), I can bi-directionally
gateway SAS-L to a "normal" USENET newsgroup. I have control of
the "inet" distribution, which is a netnews distribution containing
ARPA Internet mailing lists in netnews newsgroups. I can arbitrarily
create any newsgroup in that distribution.

Once I've created the newsgroup in the inet distribution, I'm sure
that the regular USENET backbone will pick it up too, since there is
considerable overlap.

I understand that SAS is a statistical package of some kind - does
it have a particular focus like SPSS? Who are the primary users of
SAS? I need to know a little about it so that I can pick a good
name for the newsgroup.

        Erik E. Fair    ucbvax!fair     [log in to unmask]