Phil Howard <PHIL@UIUCVMD>
Fri, 09 Jan 87 12:47:42 CST
I recently moved operational control of LISTSERV@UIUCVMD from PHIL to
a userid called LISTMNGR (a suggested name for others who might want
to do the same thing).  Eric moved my subscription to LSTSRV-L over to
there which was OK by me.  When I finally did send some mail to LSTSRV-L,
it started sending me acks again.  When I think about it, it could have
rejected the mail altogether since I am not really on the list, although
I am a co-owner and co-postmaster.  Of course the fix is get back on the
list, SET NOMAIL and SET NOACK.  Actually I read the mail mostly directly
out of the logged files that LISTSERV keeps for me?

Q:  should LSTSRV-L files be kept out of view of ordinary users?  I could
    have it logged on the P disk (P for Private) instead of the N disk
    (N for Notebook, although I use separate files now).  Users here will
    eventually gain R/O access to just the N disk for reading the stuff.
    (I also copied the MEMO and REFCARD files to N disk for them.)