Kevin Parris <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:20:51 -0500
It's entirely possible they missed it - if the time elapsed from approving to cord-pulling was very long at all, distribution of the message may have been done already (at least on my WinNT based setup, things happen in mere seconds).  But in any case, since they didn't (apparently) stop the LISTSERV process, you're not likely to find it in there, but rather in the queues for the SMTP mailer package used for actual outgoing message delivery.

My sympathies on your illness.... have been down with the flu (or something very much like it) lately myself.  But not again - from now on I'm going to take the flu shots!!

>>> [log in to unmask] 02/14/01 03:50PM >>>
A listowner approved a message to the list and does not want it sent.  What do they do?  Since I was not readily available, they pulled the network cord out of the UNIX box so the mail would not go out.  Where is this message hiding so I can kill it.  There after I will kill the listowner....because now all lists have stopped mailing and I cannot telnet to the box, but had to come in person to the console, from my deathbed.

Another message must go to this list in 1 hour.  Help!

Margaret J. Brandt
MMS/NEJM
Technology Projects Coordinator