Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 00:05:23 +0100
> Sort CORE size    2048

I'm not sure what the units are, but if you want to find out why it disappears
without leaving a core file, you should start by setting this to -1 (assuming this
means unlimited here as well) or otherwise seeing to it that a core file is allowed.
I mean, if this setting means 2M you can rest assured that you will never get a
core file no matter what, the executable won't fit in 2M once the libraries are
loaded! You also need to look into other things which can limit memory usage.
There can be systemwide limits or requirements that swap space be allocated
whether it is ever going to be used or not.

  Eric