Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 Jun 1991 18:09:46 +0200
Presently, CP6 is supported,  CMS6 isn't. If it turns out  that I am able
to provide support for CMS7, CMS6 will become supported for problems that
can be reproduced under CMS7,  and otherwise unsupported. As you probably
know,  there are  tapes and  tapes of  fixes to  CMS6, which  have to  be
applied with  procedures which don't always  do what they say  they do...
This is the main reason for  not supporting CMS6 today (another one being
that  I  have  no  access  to  CMS6). When  a  DISK  LOAD  gives  you  an
undocumented error on a perfectly legal file, just because someone in IBM
decided that the CMS6 DISK LOAD needs only support files generated by the
CMS6 DISK DUMP (it can't clear the last few bytes in the last card in the
deck by itself), you start wondering  what kind of an application support
base you are dealing with. These are the EASY errors, too - the ones that
prevent you  from having  the opportunity  to actually  load and  fire up
LISTSERV.

  Eric