Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Fri, 29 May 1987 20:32 SET
  The  network  has  just  lost  one of  its  more  sincere  and  enthusiastic
collaborators. Someone whose name was maybe not printed on all the EARN/BITNET
official  publications, but  who has  nonetheless  done more  for the  network
community than most  people are aware of. Among other  things, he has provided
coordination to more than 40 LISTSERV lists and offered assistance to new list
owners and new network users, helping to make up for the lack of a real NIC in
this wretched network. All of this was being done in his spare time of course.

  I am sad to hear that  politico-administrative contraints have caused him to
leave the network.  But then I can  understand his frustration as  I am myself
subjected to the same kind of things here - to a lesser extent hopefully.

  Anyway good luck Jose  Maria, and thanks for all the work  you have done for
the network.  We hope to  see you  again on EARN,  or BITNET, or  wherever you
might decide to pop up! :-)

With best regards, Eric