"Emsley, I (Iain)" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 9 Dec 2008 13:54:27 -0000
Can you write a script which updates the details in the .LIST files on
the server which shouldn't affect the software performance?

Iain

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Young, David
Sent: 09 December 2008 13:50
To: [log in to unmask]

Hello,
   We are in the process of changing where student mailboxes are hosted
and, as part of the process, I need to change all of their subscriptions
to the new addresses.  Currently, e-mail is being automatically
forwarded to their new addresses but that will stop as of the end of the
year.  For those lists that are rebuilt weekly based on our accounts
management system, this is no problem, but there are about 10,000+
subscriptions that need to be changed for the students where they have
subscribed manually.  Since Listserv can do adds and deletes in bulk
operations, is it possible to do changes using the same method?  I've
written a script that will send batches of CHANGE commands in groups of
100 so that my Listserv isn't completely monopolized for hours on end,
but if there's a better method, I'm all for it.  Thanks in advance.

C. David Young
University of Texas at Arlington
Arlington Regional Data Center
Office of Information Technology