Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 15:09:44 -0500
On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:03:30 EST, [log in to unmask] said:
> "LISTSERV site administrators' forum" <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote on 01/10/2005 12:17:51 PM:
>
> > Umm.. Sendmail *9*?? Latest I've seen officially is 8.13.3.Beta0. ;)
> >
> > (and if you have something later than that unofficially, you already
> > *know* who you should be asking that question.  And here I'm speaking
> > as somebody who unofficially knows the answer to that one..;)
>
> Gee, it doesn't seem to be a secret that they are working on a new
> version.  The sendmail.org site has this to say: "The next generation of
> sendmail is called sendmail X (previously it was called sendmail 9)."

The point is that everybody who actually *has* a copy of smX already knows
where to find the mailing list to discuss issues like this, and who specifically
to talk to if there's a bug or missing feature.

So either his question is misdirected to the wrong list, or he's incorrectly
identified what release of Sendmail he's running.

For the record, it doesn't look like the current code drop of smX has the
code needed - some changes would be needed near smar_rcpts_add() in smar/rcpts.c.
But I can already *see* Claus responding to this one..