Catherine Anne Foulston <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 13 Jan 1997 13:48:09 -0600
We are having the same problem.  We couldn't figure out how to
get Listserv to do that, so we now have a little Perl script in
place that sends us a copy of certain messages before passing them
on to Listserv.  At the moment this filter only checks for
subscriptions to a single one of our lists.  But it could easily
be changed.  I'll find out if we can forward it to this list, if
there isn't a way to get Listserv to do this itself.

We have a real problem with these bogus subscriptions.  There are
a LOT of them.  If they all came from a single source, it would be
easy to stop them, but they don't.  I'm wondering, though, if
there is some web page or something out there that people are
using to do this.  This is probably off-topic for lstsrv-l but if
anyone knows of somewhere it's being discussed, please let me know.

        Cathy
--
Catherine Foulston      [log in to unmask]      Rice University Network Management