"Eric Thomas (CERN)" <ERIC@CEARN>
Mon, 25 Apr 88 12:02:35 GVA
Let  me repeat,  again, that  changing the  tag of  S&F files  to non-S&F
format is UNACCEPTABLE  as it destroys the  file origin and a  few of its
attributes. If  you have problems with  RSCS (V1) file queues,  you could
install the  NOREORD mod  which solves the  performance problem.  If your
spool  is getting  full, you  can write  a super-duper  10-lines EXEC  to
SPTAPE all  files on the RSCS  reader by doing  Q R ALL RSCS  and issuing
individual SPTAPE commands with the spoolid. But I'd rather see your node
"blinking" due  to RSCS file queue  problems than having the  file origin
changed  to [log in to unmask]  Please note  that this  would cause  most mail
files to be DISCARDED with a "Validity check failed" message.

  Eric