"Liam P. Kelly" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 31 Oct 2006 15:05:09 -0500
>There is no L-Soft provided conversion programs and to the best of my
>knowledge, no other commercially available programs to do these types
>of conversions. Unless someone else here has written a script to
>handle this for MAILMAN, you will be on your own to either write a
>script or do it all by hand :-(

The thing about Mailman is that there isn't one standard archive format that
everybody uses.  Some folks use standard UNIX mbox files for their Mailman
archives; other folks use MHonArc for their Mailman archives.  I've got a
Perl script laying about that converts UNIX mbox files to LISTSERV notebook
archive format.  I'd be happy to share with anyone interested.  (It's a
pretty straigtforward text manipulation exercise, and nothing about it is
Mailman-specific.  Just for grins, I converted some of my old Pine mailboxes
to LISTSERV notebooks.  Now I can use WA to search those if I'm inclined to
do so.)  For a while I was also working on a script to automatically convert
Mailman list configurations to approximately compatible LISTSERV list
headers, but there was so much guesswork involved in the translation process
that I laid it aside.

--
Liam