"A. Harry Williams" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 8 Oct 1992 12:55:17 EDT
I'm playing with some AFD things, and have hit a few questions.
I'd like to be able to add an AFD subscription with a wildcard.
I cannot get this to work from the command line.  AFD ADD XYZ XYZ*
says file XYZ XYZ* is not known.  However, if I manually add
XYZ XYZ* to the AFDLIST FILE(in the proper format), it works.

Is
  a) wildcarding not supported and I'm just lucky with the manual add?
  b) Wildcarding supported, but I'm not doing the add correctly?
  c) neither

For reasons that are not relative to the discussion, I don't want
the message that is associated with the AFD sending of a file
to be sent.  There doesn't seem to be a way to suppressing this
message.  True or False?

/ahw