Brent Hetland <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 18 May 2016 19:53:23 +0000
Thanks James.  The email mentioned in the generic log entry, is indeed the user's email as listed in ListServ... it is the email address for the user in the list he tried to post to. In other words, the message tells me that the email address isn't authorized to post, but the List in listserv shows me that that email can post.

I'll check the "From" email address in the header, as other's have suggested.

Thanks,

Brent

-----Original Message-----

From: LISTSERV Site Administrators' Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of James Morrill

Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2016 2:28 PM

To: [log in to unmask]

Subject: Re: Post from a user, being rejected by ListServ

Or ... LISTSERV already told you what address it thinks the message is coming from:

   * You  are not  authorized to  send mail  to the  ABC_LEADERS list  from your

   * [log in to unmask] account.  You might be  authorized to post to the list

so if "[log in to unmask]" is eligible to send messages to the list (I'm guessing not) then you have some other issue.

--

  James Morrill  office: HL 11, 785-532-4909 www-personal.ksu.edu/~james

      No individual raindrop thinks it is responsible for the flood.