Jean Snow <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 7 Apr 1994 14:58:46 EDT
UGA was down for 2 hours in the middle of the day yesterday
(mechanical problems), and when we came online, LISTSERV was
pretty backed up.... soon RSCS was too.

Our LOCAL SYSVARS says:
OFFLINETHR = '50000 48000 8800 7000'

I guess the RSCS upper limit is too high, because at one point,
LISTSERV did not go automatically go offline before the magic
number of 9999 RSCS spoolfiles was reached.

Questions:

(1) what triggers checking if the offline/online threshold has
been reached?  Is there anything set-able here?

(2) if you manually issue the OFFLINE/ONLINE command, when does
LISTSERV go back into automatic mode?  After next ONLINE command?
Or when it is rebooted?  Or ????

I also have a number of files in LISTSERV and MAILER (LMail)
punch that seem to have gone there when RSCS hit 9999: if
I transfer one back to LISTSERV, I get the following bounce mail:

Error occurred while processing file 1625 from LISTSERV@UGA:

  Unexpected file from myself (no "*FROM*" tag) - program execution was
  probably aborted while the file was being written.

and similarly from MAILER:
* Error occurred while processing file 3436 from MAILER@UGA:
*
*   Unexpected file from myself - program execution was probably aborted while
*   the file was being written.

Anything I can do to get these files proccessed ???
Thanks...
Jean

** Jean Snow  UGA Systems/Postmaster      [log in to unmask]      **
** University of Georgia, Athens, GA      JEAN@UGA  (Bitnet)       **