Bill Verity <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 16 Nov 1992 08:18:56 EST
In article <[log in to unmask]>, "A. Harry Williams"
<[log in to unmask]> says:

>... The only reason I'd peer a list today
>would be to distribute the archives through out the network.

I've agreed to peer 7 lists recently and I've deliberately NOT kept
local notebooks.  It seems to me that having distributed archives is a
pain since only the original (oldest) host has complete archives.  And,
being basically selfish, I didn't want to give up any more disk space
than I had to.  This does mean that the archives have to be public, since
the "base" site doesn't know about the members at the other locations.
If the archives get searched a lot, this does put a heavy load on the
"base" site.