Robert Moss <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 27 Feb 1995 17:08:08 UTC
Don't laugh, I'm new at this.

I am trying to establish file server functions on our LISTSERV.

Here's the scenario:

 I'll call the list, NAME-L, for the sake of discussion.  The LISTSERV
 FILELIST has been modified to contain an entry for NAME-L FILELIST.

        /F/ NAME-L FILELIST ALL CTL . . . . . test file

 A FILEID file, NAME-L FILEID, has been created with the following.

        1
        SAMPFILE DATA SAMPFILE DATA X5/193

 The FILELIST for NAME-L was retrieved and the SAMPFILE entry was
 added.  The NAME-L FILELIST, of course, did not physically exist
 but was dynamically built and delivered as a result of the GET.  It
 contained a single entry for the NOTEBOOK file belonging to NAME-L,
 prior to my adding the SAMPFILE entry.

 The actual test file, SAMPFILE DATA, was placed on the LISTSERV's
 minidisk, and is in fact retrievable.

Here's the problem:

 Now, when I retrieve the FILELIST for NAME-L it contains my addition
 plus double comments and entries for the NOTEBOOK file.  Also, it
 isn't happy that the NOTEBOOK filename does not exist in the FILEID
 file.

Here's the question(s):

 Is it not wise/possible to create a FILELIST of the same name as the
 list it's for?  Can some kind soul explain where I went wrong?

Thanks for your thoughts,

Robert Moss