"A. Harry Williams" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 20 Jan 1994 10:58:24 EST
On Thu, 20 Jan 1994 01:18:01 PST Keith Trimmer said:
>On Wed, 19 Jan 1994 15:32:43 EST A. Ralph Papakhian said:
>>Please see correspondence below. LISTSERV mail does not seem to
>>be moving from IUBVM (Bloomington, IN) to UBVM (Buffalo). Is anyone
>>aware of any problems? --Ralph Papakhian
>
>I meant to pursue this privately once I had time, but since it has come
>up on the list...  The problem, whatever it is, is affecting more than
Me too, but this is what Jim gets for living in an area with so much
snow and cold.  (Just imgine what it will be like in Orchard Park on Sunday)

>just music lists.  I have 5 subscribers (all set to either MAIL or DIGESTS)
>at UBVM.  One has told me that she has resorted to doing a daily database
>search to retrieve posts, because she is receiving no mail from the list
>(GAY-LIBN@USCVM).  None of it is bouncing back to me as undelivered however,
>and she has yet to forward any copies of the few messages she describes as
>having trickled in now and again over the past two weeks, in spite of my
>request that she do so...  [The list averages 24 messages daily; she reports
>having received no more than 3 a day, on days when she gets anything at all.]
>She states that sometimes it takes as long as three days before she receives
>a response to her database searches.  (Direct private mail seems to be
>going through okay, both to and from her, and to and from other users at UBVM
>with whom I've corresponded recently.)  Since USCVM is no longer a backbone
>server, I'm assuming that *my* problem is somewhere between ARIZVM1 and UBVM,
>but I'm not sure where the mail is being held.
We've had people on a list that are not at UBVM, but UBVM is in the distribute
path who have not been receiving mail either.  We've identified that those
not using UBVM are ok, and those using UBVM are not.

>Later, and thanks in advance,
>kt
/ahw