Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 21 Jun 2007 08:26:05 -0400
On 6/20/2007 18:57, Francoise Becker wrote:
> On 20 Jun 2007 at 17:57, Paul Russell wrote:
>
>>  It depends
>> on whether the list server is configured to deliver messages directly to
>> external domains, or to route those messages through another server.
>
> Or the message could be sent to a non-aol address that forwards automatically
> to the user's aol address, and then the provider of that non-aol address is
> punished.

True, but this example is outside the scope of the problem defined by the
explicit assumption statement in my original message.

	The black mark is against the non-AOL server that delivered the
	message to an AOL server. That may or may not be the server on
	which the list is hosted. Even if we assume that the AOL customer
	who submitted the spam complaint is subscribed to the list by
	his/her AOL address, it is still possible that the black mark
	would be against some other server. It depends on whether the

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team