"Eric Thomas (CERN/L3)" <ERIC@LEPICS>
Tue, 1 Nov 88 23:20:01 GMT
This error is likely to be due to a command that broke and left the punch
in CONT status, or to a bug in CP which does the same thing. The punch is
spooled  NOCONT PURGE  after a  reader file  has been  processed, so  the
former is rather unlikely (unless this  is an older version of LISTSERV).
Since you did not (could not) provide info on the command executed before
this mail  was distributed, nor  about the CP  level of that  LISTSERV, I
just added a  NOCONT option to the  SPOOL D TO command  in LSVXMAIL. This
will cost very little CPU time and will make sure that the problem is due
to a CP bug, if it persists. By the way I hope to get release 1.5o out by
the end of  next week. It is  supposed to have full XA  support, and I'll
make some more changes to define DIST1 --> old distribute code and DIST2
= DISTRIBUTE --> new DIST2 code. This is not so easy as the DIST1 command
is not known to vanilla 1.5n - I'll have to make some tests on the server
version  from  PEERS   NAMES  to  use  either  DIST1   or  DISTRIBUTE  on
inter-server DIST1 jobs, and suchlike.

  Eric