"Michael S. Johnson" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 23 Nov 1994 12:33:27 -0800
Marty Hoag wrote...
>    A few days ago I got a report of duplicated e-mail messages from our
> ROOTS-L list to a recipient served by the LISTSERV at UKACRL.  The
> recipient said it looked like the duplication was happening before the
> mail got to UKACRL.
>    Thanks for any observations you can share.

My NAUSICAA list was also a victim of that multiple-delivery problem.
Well, more specifically, any messages delivered to the UK from the
list (@brownvm) passed through that system and became duplicated up to
about 40 times before being delivered to the affected subscribers.
However, not all UK subscribers were affected.  An astute person
noticed the problem and informed the staff at that site.  Within a day
or so, the problem was resolved.  The list itself received only one
copy of the messages from the authors, so LISTSERV@BROWNVM itself was
not at fault.

- Michael

[ Michael S. Johnson <[log in to unmask]> CS - Univ. of Washington ]
<    List Owner - the Hayao "Nausicaa" MIYAZAKI Discussion Group     >
[ Japanese Animation (a.k.a. anime) - the best that Disney never did ]
[  home page URL: file://ftp.u.washington.edu/public/anime/msj.html  ]