Kevin Parris <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 8 Jul 2005 09:49:46 -0400
I run a LISTSERV(tm) Classic site using the LSMTP(tm) mailer on Windows
Server 2003 now.  I haven't found much discussion in the release notes
for 14.4 about the new Embedded Mail Merge performance compared to the
"old way" of doing things.  So my question is this:  since I have LSMTP,
which would actually run faster overall - turning on the EMM option, or
leaving it OFF?  My inclination is toward OFF (thinking the tradeoff is
the mailer doesn't do the substitutions but it has lots more spool
entries to manage) but I'd like to see comments from folks who are
closer to the source, and/or more experienced with this stuff than
myself.