Natalie Maynor <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 22 Sep 1993 12:22:58 GMT
Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>On Wed, 22 Sep 1993 01:30:54 GMT "John F. Bacon" <[log in to unmask]> said:

>>I think  you are  telling me  that USENET  distribution is  usually much
>>faster than the BITNET mail reflection.
                              ^^^^^^^^^^

>This  is not  true. Setting  aside  countries with  poor connectivity,  a
>message posted to a LISTSERV mailing  list reaches most of its recipients
>in 5 to 20 minutes (and many will get it in less than one minute). On the
>other hand, this  is from the time  the message reaches the  list. If you
>are posting  from usenet and  going through  a slow gateway,  the message
>could well take hours to make it to the mailing list.

Nobody has said that messages posted via usenet to a bit.listserv group
are distributed to list subscribers sooner.  But they do show up on
usenet almost immediately (depending upon the usenet feeds etc.).
The >> above says "mail reflection" [of usenet postings] not usenet
reflection of mail postings.
  -- Natalie ([log in to unmask])