Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Sep 1993 01:36:49 +0100
On Mon, 27 Sep 1993 21:28:09 GMT Una Smith <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>It would  really help  in the new  templates to be  able to  include the
>user's e-mail address as LISTSERV sees it.

Isn't that good enough?

No  entry for  your F@SEARN  address could  be found  in the  LSTSRV-M list  at
                    ^^^^^^^
SEARN.SUNET.SE. Here  are a number of  possible reasons why you  might still be
getting mail from the list:

>This might help the user get off  the list without having to do a REVIEW
><listname> and look for themselves in the subscription list.

Ah, now I see that's not what  you meant. If I understand you well, you'd
like  LISTSERV to  tell the  user what  is the  address he  is subscribed
under, so that  he can arrange to  send from that address.  Now how would
LISTSERV know that [log in to unmask] is the same as ERIC@SEARN?

  Eric