Ian Sammons <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 10 Feb 1996 00:28:42 -1200
I have been working through various documents in order to learn how to perform
database searchs.

I have made use of A "job skeleton" provided in the LISTDB MEMO file, and along
with examples given in the LISTJOB MEMO file, have managed to gather some
information from various databases.

While attempting to refine my use of "batch" mode database searchs, I can not
seem to find an explanation of one aspect of the initial structure of a command
job.

In the example I have seen and used the structure starts;

 1)  //jobname JOB options
 2)  Database Search DD=ddname
 3)  //ddname DD options
           :
           :

I am not clear on the purpose of line 2; DD=ddname would appear to establish
the dataset name, but I am unsure of the purpose of "Database Search" in this
line.

In the mean time I continue to use this structure, not fully understanding why
it works, while developing my use of search and select commands.

Any feedback on this issue would be appreciated, also pointers toward relevent
documentation on CJLI and Database seaching would gladly be accepted.

Cheers,
        ian