Adam Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 2 May 2000 13:42:46 -0700
At 01:55 PM 5/2/00 -0400, Bill Hamilton wrote:

 >I'm curious why the concerns about the stability of your NT
host.  We have quite a few more than >125k subscribers.

Our NT system (Compaq Proliant) is quite a headache. The average
uptime we experience is around 4 days. This server is running
another email distro package, Unity by Revnet, alongside Listserv.
That may be the reason...... (Unity is quite a system hog). Add to
this the fact that we have it co-located at a local provider
(temporary) and you get the picture.......

Regardless, it's hard to argue for the virtues of NT. And I am not
a MS basher by any means. But there's a reason why Unix powers the
internet (Apache, Sendmail.)

My best,
Adam