Graham MacKay <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 12 Apr 1996 00:31:00 AST4ADT
Hi, just to introduce myself i'm a student from Nova Scotia, Canada
who has a great idea for a mailing list, but no one to run the list.
Here's my situation...  Firstly, I heard about this by searching the
WWW which came up with the address...

http://www.prodigy.bc.ca/~bedmonds/usenet/ml-providers.txt

which told me to email both of the above lists to send my proposal
for a list, and that they may be able to suggest a providor that
would be able to host the mailing list for me.

A month ago, I set up nine mail filtering rules on my pegasus mail
program and started my own makeshift Lifeguard Mailing List.  Since
then we've exchanged over 350 messages and have 75 people subscribed
to the list.  In order for the list to run, my computer has to be
hooked up to the school network 24 hours a day, and remain on all the
time.  This hasn't been a problem yet, but in a week when my exams
are completed, I will no longer be able to run the list, and I would
feel terribly to have the list just finish like that.

The proposed list would be for lifeguard/first aid instructors and
would be a form for us to exchange new rescue procedures, how to deal
with loosing a casualty, new equiptment, first aid techniques,
facility problems, lifeguard/staff problems, etc.  We've already
exchanged lots of new and interesting information all over the world!
 And we would like to continue, so that we can provide a forum for
lifeguards to share their personal experiences, triumphs and failures
to make lifeguards better throughout the world.

The unfortunate thing is that we do not have a mail server to do the
job of remailing every message to our list.  I would be more than
happy to continue to moderate/look after the list once it has been
created... its just that no one on our list has the resource of a
mail server.

I am asking for any information anyone might have on where I could
find someone kind enough to donate a bit of space for our list.
Statistically we have apprx. 60 users with an average flow of 15
messages per day.

If anyone would be kind enough to sponsor this list, please email me
privately as I am not a member on either of the lists this post is
being sent to.

Thank you kindly,
Graham MacKay