Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 14 Sep 1993 11:59:39 +0200
I  am looking  for a  site in  the US  that would  be willing  to act  as
secondary name  server for the  LISTSERV.NET domain,  that I am  about to
register. The only purpose of this domain is to register a MX record that
will give Internet  users direct access to the GLX,  without having to do
...%LISTSERV.BITNET@...  After bringing  up this  issue with  EARN and  a
couple other people, it  was decided that it was better not  to rely on a
sub-domain of EARN.NET or any similar organization, given the uncertainty
of the future of NJE. In other words, if we teach users that the hostname
is LISTSERV.EARN.NET and EARN disappears in two years or is taken over by
the  RARE OU,  we  will have  a  hard time  re-teaching  everyone to  use
something else. Please reply directly to me.

  Eric