Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 18 Aug 2006 15:03:58 -0400
At 14:33 8/18/2006 Friday, Jeff Kell wrote:
>Jeff Kiesel wrote:
>> Jeff,
>>
>> I csn't turn off the OOO's because people need them on to communicate to
>> customers, etc.  I would really love to though...
>
>That doesn't turn them off altogether.  What Exchange can do with that
>registry setting is only return an OOO when the recipient is explicitly
>listed in the To: or CC: of the email in question.  If the To: is
>"[log in to unmask]" for example, it will not send an OOO since
>the recipient isn't in the list.  If you get a mail from
>[log in to unmask] to [log in to unmask], then it will send the OOO.

All of which reminds me to suggest that if you have customer support roles e.g., helpdesk, abuse, etc., maybe they should be LISTSERV lists (with archives) and not individuals' e-mail accounts.

You can make all subscribers owners, and all owners subscribers.  That way, if one of the subscribers goes on vacation or away for business, one of the remaining folks can turn OFF/ON subscriber distribution options for them, esp. if they generate an OOO :-)

/P