"A. Harry Williams" <HARRY@MARIST>
Tue, 16 Feb 88 12:31:14 EST
>Could whoever is introducing the Info-Vax list  do us a BIG favor and hold the
>list for a few days? Looking at the  console logs after a near system crash, I
>see over 350 distribute jobs for this list alone -- in two days.
>
>Have a heart,  folks -- our poor 4341  can't take much more of  this. Is there
>ANY possibility of digesting this list?
>----------
>
>David Boyes       (503) 686-4394     |BITNET: 556@OREGON1
>Systems Group                        |ARPA  : 556%OREGON1.BITNET@
>University of Oregon Computing Center|          CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
>
>  UUCP: [your fav backbone]...!tektronix!uoregon!oregon2!oregon1!556
Well, even though this was sent on Friday, it just arrived about
10 minutes ago.  I think INFO-VAX arrives from the Internet here.
I too am getting annoyed at the volume.  It is getting out of hand,
and they are generating lots of error mailings, which are getting
bounced back to me because Listserv is not recognizing the originator,
and sets it to [log in to unmask]  (Guess who that is)

I'm not going to stop it because the request was 4 days ago, but
something needs to be done.  At the current rate, I'm going to have
to give serious consideration to backing out as a peer.

Harry