NEW LIST: [log in to unmask] New List Clearinghouse
ND HECN E-mail Postmaster <INFO@NDSUVM1>
Mon, 9 Jan 89 09:27:27 CST
[log in to unmask]     New List Clearinghouse

   The "NEW-LIST" list has been established as a central address to
post announcements of new public mailing lists.  In addition,
"NEW-LIST" might be used as a final verification before establishing a
list (to check for existing lists on the same topic, etc.).  However,
be sure to check sources such as the Internet List-of-Lists (SIGLIST
or INTEREST-GROUPS list), LISTSERV GROUPS, Usenet News newusers lists,
and the LISTS database on the major LISTSERVs (we have the LISTS
database on NDSUVM1).

   It is not our intent to replace the various lists of lists that are
available.  We want to provide a clearinghouse to feed list
announcements to all those maintaining the lists and others who are
interested.

   You may subscribe to the NEW-LIST list by sending RFC822 Mail to

LISTSERV@NDSUVM1 on Bitnet    or    [log in to unmask] on Internet

   In the BODY (text) of your mail include the command:

SUB NEW-LIST firstname lastname        eg.  sub new-list Jane Doe

   The LISTSERV server will take your address from the "From:" address
of your mail.  If you are on BITNET/EARN/NetNorth and can send
interactive messages (eg.  TELL on CMS or SEND on VMS with JNET) then
you can send the SUB command as shown to LISTSERV at NDSUVM1
interactively.

   If you prefer, you may send mail to the Coordinator to be asked to
be added to the list.  However you subscribe, you should receive
return mail with a confirmation and additional information.

               Coordinator: Marty Hoag  [log in to unmask]

PS:  I would appreciate it if you would add a brief description of NEW-LIST
     to public lists of lists and related files which you might maintain.
     I hope it will be helpful and make it easier to disseminate information
     about new lists, prospective lists, or urgent info on the status of
     lists whose host might be down, etc.    mgh