Siegfried Schmitt <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 18:27:45 +0200
Some time ago, I discovered an easy way to edit language templates via
LISTSERV's web interface. The method is simple, but sometimes it may be a
bit dangerous. I will give you an example:

If you want to edit the files 'german.mailtpl' or 'german.wwwtpl', you
should create a list named 'german'. Make sure that you can access the web
interface of this 'german' list by creating the web archive directory. Any
changes you make in the templates of such a list will have an influence on
*all* lists which use 'language=german'! Therefore, you should be very
careful when you edit the templates of this 'german' list. You should make
sure that only the listserv administrator is allowed to use this special
list and this list should not be used for anything else. There is still
another problem you should always be aware of. You must *never* use
'language=german' in the header of the 'german' list itself. Just use
'language=english' or the default language or any language setting that is
*not* identical with the listname. Otherwise, you will not be able to use
the web interface of this list and you will destroy the web access for all
other lists which use 'language=german'.

Kind regards,

Siegfried