"Erixon-Stanford, Mignon" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 22 Jun 2006 16:00:50 -0400
Hi folks.  Quick question... Would setting "Default-Options= NOMIME"
solve his
problem (for the entire list)?  TIA.

The list header is:
Marine Science Educators
List-ID= MarineSci-Ed
Subscription=By_Owner
Notify=No         Reply-to=List,Respect
Review=Private    Send=Private                 X-Tags=No
Renewal=None      Stats=None                  Ack=No
Confidential=No  Files=Yes
Validate=Yes  Default-options= DIGEST,REPRO
Notebook=Yes,/var/listserv/home/marinesci-ed,Monthly,Public
Digest= Yes,Same,Daily,07,1000

User's response...
> I send and receive html/MIME formatted messages to a number of
> other listservs every day and don't see any problem. ...
> [other members said] they are also experiencing
> this problem and they are using a wide range of email
> clients, ISPs, etc.

My response was:
> Listserv is the messenger and sends out what you've sent.
> Viewing incoming messages is a function of your email CLIENT.
> Setting it up is usually found under Tools/Options/Preferences.

Original question:
 Other than remembering to switch over to plain text every
 time I send a  message to the list, is there a was to make the listserv

 recognize HTML/MIME  message formats and not return all the
gobbledygook like in
 the message below?

~~~~~~~~~
Mignon Erixon-Stanford
Internet Coordinator, Smithsonian Institution
202-357-4243