Hervé Gazio <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 03:35:32 -0400
Hello,
Have you got news about the fix that will resolve the problem described
below ? :

If a user Web browses archives that include attachments and the user
selects the attachment (for example [text/html] for the rich text version
of the body or, a MS/Word document [application/msword] mime type]) , the
user is prompted for a Login/password even if :
- this is a full public list
- the user already performed an authentication in the same session
By the way, the user may read the mail body without any problem.
t sounds like ListServ doesn't' manage the cookies correctly.
This has been reported as a bug by Jacob Haller on June 13, 2002.
At the moment, we don't have a fix yet. It should be nice you could fix the
problem soon because we will release ListServ for our Intranet early in
September. The archive feature is very important for us. Users feel
confused when they receive an authentication window for full public list.

Thanks for your cooperation,

Hervé