"Alan S. Dobkin" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 18 Jan 1998 16:58:19 -0500
In an attempt to reconfigure our LISTSERV node name this afternoon, I
caused a "message is coming from self" error (see below).  Several
messages like this were then generated:

> An error occurred while processing file 2446270 from
> [log in to unmask]: "message is coming from self". Since this
> error is likely to be correctable, the original message has been
> transferred to [log in to unmask] to make it easier to
> resubmit the message once the problem has been corrected.

The body of the message contained the forwarded message in question, which
consisted of a LISTSERV job.  So, I reset the node name back as it was,
which caused the error messages to stop.  However, since it seemed like I
needed to take some action to process these messages, I began forwarding
the included jobs in each, one by one, back to our LISTSERV.  However,
this generated another error message for each, which I don't understand:

> [log in to unmask] sent a DISTRIBUTE job that did not pass the security
> checks.  Job 2446270 ("H-ALBION MAILDIST")  transferred to

What are these "security checks" and what should I do about this?

Thanks,
Alan

| Alan S. Dobkin @ Emory U. ITD | 1784 N. Decatur Rd. | E-Mail Address: |
|   Operating Systems Analyst   | Suite 300 (3rd Fl.) |     ADobkin     |
|  Internet/Intranet Services   | Atlanta, GA 30322   |   @Emory.Edu    |
| http://ADobkin.ITD.Emory.Edu/ |  (404) 727-2766     | FAX #: 727-2599 |