Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 11:06:59 +1100

> I would like to know if there is a bulk command that would
> modify the list
> header of all the lists (more than 500 lists at the moment)
> to update all
> the owners that would have an etsi.fr address to etsi.org
> Or will we have to make the update manually on a list by list
> basis using the web interface ?

Why not register the new domain with L-Soft's ALIASES NAMES?  This way,
not only will *your* LISTSERV installation know about it but every other
LISTSERV install as well.  After that, any new lists you create can have
the new domain as well.

See Site Manager's manual:
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8e/siteindex.html#_Toc9062355

See the form for registering:
http://www.lsoft.com/regaliases.html

Otherwise, the answer is 'no', there isn't a global command to alter
addresses in the headers of multiple lists.  You would have to hand-edit
each header to effect the change.  Unfortuantely, you can't even set up
a script that parses the raw .LIST files as LISTSERV stores them in a
special binary format.  Any tampering by external means will cause them
to be non-operational (this I learned the *hard* way).

--
Chazzozz!!

Michael Shannon
Webmaster

"Before you can grow old and wise you must first survive being young and
stupid." - Ancient Proverb

Note: Opinions expressed on this list are my own and do not reflect the
views, opinions or position of my employer.  If swallowed, seek medical
advice.