Eric Thomas <ERIC@LEPICS>
Fri, 22 Sep 89 16:33:14 GMT
>So, are  you saying that  it is  trivial for a  hacker to look  like the
>postmaster  to listserv  without  actually getting  onto the  postmaster
>account or listserv?

Michael, you disappoint me. I didn't think you would be so naive.

>If this is so, that is security whole that should certainly be fixed.

Certainly. There are many ways to do  this, some would be for IBM to fix,
except that it  all Works As Designed,  some are for us to  fix, and it's
absolutely hopeless, because it's  an AND, not an OR (I  mean, as long as
there is ONE site with the hole, the hole exists).

  Eric