John Ryder <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 15:23:53 -0400
On Wed, 25 Jun 1997, Pete Weiss wrote:

> At 14:27 6/25/97 -0400, you wrote:
> |A few postings going to one of our lists come through without a Subject
> |line. Not just a blank subject, but gone altogether. The postings come from
> |different sites and one even from the listowner. The archives DO NOT show
> |a subject line and neither does the email people receive.
> |
> |Has anyone else experienced this?  Thanks in advance.
>
> I sent this w/o a SUBJECT: line filled in.  Let's see what LISTSERV(R) and
> your mail agent does with that.  BTW, when I sent this from Eudora to my
> VM/CMS account, no RFC822 SUBJECT: line appeared.

Sure enough, no Subject line appeared in your posting.  Looks like a
subscriber problem for this message, but wait..... why did the message to
LSTSRV-L after yours from
       Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
have a missing subject as well???  Did he omit the subject or did
something remember the "no subject" setting of your message and pass that
on to Stan's?

John Ryder, Computing and Information Technology, University of Vermont
        [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], 802-656-1183