Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 3 Apr 1993 00:16:47 +0200
On Fri, 2 Apr 1993 16:41:10 EST Bert Bruner <[log in to unmask]> said:

>This is a  temporary situation because I hope to  make LMAIL our primary
>MTA soon and then its name will match what you already have configured.

Once you install 1.7f, your server will start sending them the DISTRIBUTE
jobs  anyway, as  explained  on LSTSRV-M,  and this  is  what many  other
servers  have started  doing. The  ones running  LMail have  also started
running lists  in "safe"  mode, with an  origin of  owner-listname rather
than the list address.

SAMFORD has two problems:

1. They are running XMAILER.

2. They did not change the INCOMING:  table to list LISTSERV as a trusted
   user. So XMAILER won't take BSMTP mail claiming to be from owner-xxx.

At any rate the problem existed before  1.7f, it just happened to be less
frequent - and to have been ignored.

  Eric