"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 21 Sep 1996 09:25:00 EDT
>  There is a particular filter I would like to perform when querying a list,  t
>bu
> I can't seem to get the correct field name from the LISTDB MEMO to do this.
> Can you help me?

>  What I would like to do is query the list for all messages from a particular
> contributor.  For example, if I wanted to find only those messages sent by   n
>Joh
> Doe, what field name would I specify in the search command to accomplish
>this?
> I realize it may only deal with the email address, but if there is something
> that also includes the name text itself, that would be even better.

>  Is there any document that lists the fields and their contents for our list?
> The LISTDB MEMO falls way short of this.

>  I am not a subscriber to this list.  So if you could, would you please      e
>includ
> <[log in to unmask]> in your reply?  It would be appreciated.

>     Thanks for your time,
>          Russell West

The poster's electronic address can be searched specifically
in the field called SENDER.  Nevertheless the person's name
can NOT be searched in that field.

Thus you could do the following kinds of search for my
posts to LSTSRV-L

S * IN LSTSRV-L SINCE 96 WHERE SENDER CONTAINS (pmw1 AND psu)

or you could do a more general search on my name

S weis AND pete IN LSTSRV-L SINCE 96

The former is more efficient but might not produce the
desired results if you did not know my userid.

Followup to ldbase-l please (you must be a subscribe to
post).

--  co-owner:   INFOSYS, TQM-L, CPARK-L, ERAPPA-L, JANITORS, LDBASE-L, et -L
URL:mailto:[log in to unmask]                "I get paid by the millisecond"