Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 31 May 2001 16:48:31 -0400
>In my \listserv\MAIN\... directory, a have a number of files with names like
>          listname.OKhhhhhh
>(where "listname" is the name of one of my lists, and "hhhhhh" is some
>random hex number).
>
>They seem to be messages sent to the list.  Why are they generated?  Why do
>some lists seem to accumulate such files, and others not?  Is there any
>parameter I can adjust to get rid of them?

They are generated for mailing lists that require confirmation for
messages sent to them.  They should expire normally; deleting them
should not be necessary.  Section 5.3 ("Files used by LISTSERV ") of
the Site Manager's Manual says:

.OKxxxxxx files   Usually found for edited lists, but can also appear for
                   non-edited lists if users are set to REVIEW. These are
                   mail messages that are awaiting "OK" confirmation.  If
                   they are not confirmed, they are automatically deleted
                   after about a week.

Thanks,
--
Jacob Haller, Technical Support