Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 14:52:04 -0500
On 1 Mar 2004 at 14:24, Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Yes, and the *main* reason for using Confidential=Service is to have
> your list show up on the web index page, but not on CataList.

I should probably have said "one of the main reasons". At any rate,
this has been the case for approximately 5 years. For the past 5 or
so years, people asking "how do I get the list to show up on the web
index but not on CataList?" have received the answer "use
Confidential=Service". Among lists using Confidential=Service, I
can't tell you what ratio has no service area defined, but there are
quite a few, and if we were to change this now, a lot of lists would
be broken.

Francoise