Eric Thomas <ERIC@LEPICS>
Tue, 23 May 89 12:29:30 GMT
>*  Confidential= Service
>*  Service=      Netherlands,Local
>*  Local=        *.nl
>Because some nodes are reachable by domain adresses (xxx.nl)
>we choose these kewyords, and it seems to work!!.

It partly works in fact. The LOCAL keyword itself has no effect, because
wildcards are not supported, but it is dutifully appended to the SERVICE
keyword which does support wildcards and, for that purpose, it does work.

>Another question: is it not possible (I know anything is possible;
>even: tomorrow the earth will be hit by a planetoide size 100 km :-( ?)
> -let's say desireable-  to make LISTSERV recognize
>the top domain (e.g. country .nl) as a different network ?
>(c. EARN, BITNET; I assume that now this is done on the tag :net. ?!)

What is that supposed to mean? If that's a question about the :net tag,
LISTSERV doesn't presently use it.

  Eric