"Bruce A. Orcutt" <R3BAO@AKRONVM>
Fri, 1 Sep 89 10:05:38 EDT
Recently, on the Games-l we've been having a discussion of what to do about new
listserv users who send commands to the list.  I had a suggestion that they tho
ught I should post here.  Please tell me if you think it's a good idea, and/or
if someone would be willing to do it.

      Why not have the listserv check the first word of text of all mail messag
es heading for a list.  If that first word is a listserv command, have listser
send a help fine, or a help letter,etc. to the person and cancel the mail from
being posted.  I know many people who are tired of getting ~10 mail files a day
that are just misdirected listserv commands, so there is a demand for this type
of fix.

Bruce A. Orcutt