Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Sat, 10 Oct 1987 20:40 SET
Obviously  some people  have  AFDed to  BITONLY  NAMES, and  AFDs  now go  via
DISTRIBUTE for obvious reasons, and the file is larger than the maximum limit.
Changing your  limit won't help unless  everybody changes theirs, and  I don't
think they'd like to  do it. It would imply increasing the  work disk size and
maybe also virtual storage. LISTSERV was not made to allow people to subscribe
to huge  files, this  is a  technical restriction (-->  work disk  and virtual
storage constraints) and I'm certainly not  going to spend time trying to find
a way out so that people can  clutter the network with BITONLY NAMES when they
could use the NODUPD files. Ok, with  the present TDISK size we could go above
10000 (up to 13000 with 2M of TDISK space - LISTSERV must be able to prepare a
copy of the original file with the  required headers, so the disk must be less
than 50%  full with one copy  of the original  file on it), but  this wouldn't
solve the problem since BITONLY NODES is going to grow anyway.

  Eric