Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 19 May 1995 09:07:28 CDT
I am sure this has come up before, but I can't seem to find the answer
anywhere.  I own a list that is Edited (ie. Send= Editor).  What do I
put in the list header to tell Listserv to *not* send out this message:

     Your message dated 15 May 1995 16:31:50 -0400 with subject "subject"
     has been submitted to the editor of the LISTNAME list: Chris Barnes

Here is what the header looks like now:

* Review=          Public         Send=      Editor
* Subscription=    Open,Confirm   Stats=     Normal,Private
* Errors-To=       Owner          Notebook=  Yes,H,Weekly,Public
* Default-Options= Digests        Digest=    Yes,Same,Daily,12,1500
* Confidential=    No             Reply-to=  List,Ignore
* Editor-header=   No             Errors-to= Owner
* Notify=          No             X-Tags=    No
* List-Address=    FQDN           Ack=       No
* Daily-Threshold= 100            Files=     No

Also, I am somewhat confused as to what the Files tag is used for.  I
was under the impression that it's a left over from the BITNET days when
people could SENDFILE something and the Files= No told Listserv to
not distribute those files.  But someone else is under the impression
that it has to do with storing files in the the listname Filelist.
So what is the *real* answer?

Chris Barnes                                 (409) 846-3273 (home)
[log in to unmask]                        (409) 845-9520 (work)
http://tamvm1.tamu.edu/~cbarnes/

       Money can't buy happiness; but neither can poverty.