Hank Nussbacher <HANK@BARILVM>
Thu, 21 Jan 88 16:19:16 P
>Date: Thu, 21 Jan 88 16:13:21 IST
>From: Network Mailer <MAILER@TAUNIVM>
>Subject: Undelivered mail
>To: HANK    @TAUNIVM
>
>Your mail was not delivered to some or all of its
>intended recipients for the following reason(s):
>
>Syntax error in field-  From
>Error loop detected.
>Another network mailer sent an invalid file.

Since the Crosswell mailer can't handle spanned lines in headers (like the
From: up above), can Listserv try to hold back on doing full RFC822 and
instead try to not span lines in headers?  In the end the users won't
get their mail but we can all say that it was doing true RFC822.  Perhaps
if the header record exceeds 80 characters, Listserv should try to
compact the comments field (Rexx Space() helps), and if that doesn't
help then start removing portions of the comments in the From: or

Hank