Gilles Frydman <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 10:24:52 -0500
> OK, so now I understand that the .list files are not unix like text only
> config files but contain binary data. Shame I had to learn the hard way.

I think you may have some more pain awaiting you  :-)
By removing and adding back all the subscribers you have set their settings
to the list defaults. So, all those who changed their list subscription
settings will now complain that they don't understand what's going on.
You have also removed any historical data since ll list members will now
appear to have subscribed yesterday....

> Now I need to remove the list owner of 5 other lists and replace the
> outdated owner.
>
> Get/Put are the tools to use here - right?

Using the web interface is probably faster at this point.

Gilles Frydman
ACOR.org