Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 13:31:00 -0500
On Mon, 13 Mar 2000 09:00:35 -0500, "Margaret J. Brandt" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>When I send out the New England Journal of Medicine the From: says that it
>is from the New England Journal of Medicine and not [log in to unmask]  It
>says that it is TO: the [log in to unmask]  That's all I want to do.
>This was set up long before I came and I just review the message each week
>and say "OK", and that is how is appears.  Is this smoke and mirrors or just
>some PERL script running somewhere else?

I'll guess that the List Header is configured as Send= Editor instead of Send=
Editor,Hold   In the latter case all you do is reply OK to LISTSERV and the
orginal sender's From: (whatever that is) remains intact.  If the former, then
you have to 'forward' the whole message back to LISTSERV and most mail programs
do not support the correct Resent-* mail headers needed for this to work
correctly.

However, if you wanted to post your List Header for this list here (or send it
to [log in to unmask]) we coult offer more specific help.