"Young, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Apr 2008 19:21:03 -0500
I'm running a test server as a virtual Windows 2003 R2 server using
VMware Workstation on a Windows XP machine and it runs fine, albeit a
little slow at first  I don't know if that would help, but at least it
can be done.

C. David Young
University of Texas at Arlington
Arlington Regional Data Center
Office of Information Technology
200 East Loop 820
Fort Worth, TX 76112
P: 817 272-3152
F: 817 272-0758

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Randy Klumph
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 4:21 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Listserv in a virtual server

Our server is getting old and out of date (running Win2K server) and the
hardware is *many* years old

Our Computing Services Dept is planning on creating a virtual image of
the machine and running it in a virtual server on our Sun servers. Does
anyone have experience with this and/or suggestions on what issues they
should watch for regarding Listerv (15.5) operation?

Regards,
Randy Klumph
The National Consortium on Deaf-Blindness The Teaching Research
Institute
345 N Monmouth Ave
Monmouth, OR 97361