Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 21 Dec 1995 10:40:39 EST
On Thu, 21 Dec 1995 10:55:00 +0200 Turgut Kalfaoglu said:
>On Wed, 20 Dec 1995 15:04:44 EST  Perrine Crampton
><[log in to unmask]> had said:
>>What does it mean when users who are set to DIGEST occasionally receive
>>incomplete digests?

(Turgut's response deleted)

One thing you can do to help alleviate this problem is to tell LISTSERV
to cut a digest at a specified number of lines.  A lot of unix gateways
tend to truncate mail at 1000 or 1500 lines.  So you can set

* Digest= Yes,<where>,<when>,Size(nnn)

where nnn = number of lines.  I have several lists set to

* Digest= Yes,A,Daily,Size(1000)

WIN95-L is set that way and cuts about 6-8 digests/day.  If it didn't,
a lot of people would not get their digest.

Nathan